Sunday, January 17, 2016

Protein Pancakes


Ingredients:
7 whole eggs
185g liquid egg whites
100g Cinnabun Trutein Protein Powder
210g old fashioned oats
1 can of Lite Apple Pie Filling)
6 pumps salted caramel sugar-free syrup (I have the large bottle of Torani's with a pump on it)
3.5 tsp salt
6 tsp cinnamon
If I have some spring mixed greens or spinach, I add 70g. If I don't have any, I skip this part

I preheat my cast iron griddle over medium heat while I am putting all the ingredients into my blender. Then I blend everything together until it's smooth to make the batter. 

When I sprinkle a little water on the griddle and it sizzles, I know it's hot enough. The pancakes will stick if you start cooking them before the griddle is preheated. Then I ladle out the batter to make the size of pancakes I like and turn them when they get bubbly. 
This makes seven servings for me. I also use the batter to make waffles, muffins or mini-loaves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment